Resources for Brokers
- Active licensees in a brokerage should be a member of an Association the Broker belongs to
- If the licensee does not join an association, the Broker will be assessed a non-member salespersons fee.
- This is a bylaw of NAR
- Bylaw language can be found at https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/policies/limited-function-referral-office-lfro-policy
- “For a REALTOR® (principal) to be exempt from paying size formula dues based on referral licensees, the licenses must be held by an entity separate from the REALTOR®’s brokerage firm, and all referrals must be made to the REALTOR’s brokerage firm on a substantially exclusive basis. The same REALTOR® can be a principal in both firms. An “entity” is a separate, legally recognized business and includes all possible structures for a business permitted under state law.”
- If a licensee wishes to go on referral status they may, but the Broker must have a separate company for referrals.
- Agents must fill out and sign all pages and pertinent information. Brokers must sign page 4 in order for the application to be processed.
- Please use the application on the FAAR website as that is the most current application form www.faarmembers.com/how-to-join/
- If you are unsure of the amount of dues at the time of application, please call FAAR and we will share the latest cost.
- No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in. There is a 24-72 hour turnaround time for applications.
- A welcome email will be sent to the agent as soon as the application is processed. Please have agents read it in its entirety.
Terminations and Transfers
- When an agent is terminated from your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr with the specifics of the agents termination with the agent termination form found at www.faarmembers.com/forms
- When an agent transfers into your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr of the agents transfer with the agent transfer form found at www.faarmembers.com/forms and $75 payment.
- If an agent is transferring from another association, they will need to fill out the application form, not the agent transfer form.
- REALTOR® members must hold a valid license with DPOR. Upon expiration, the FAAR office will notify a member via email within 5 business days of the expiration. On the 10th of the month, if DPOR does not indicate the license is renewed, the FAAR office will terminate all services- association, Sentrilock and Brightmls.
How to print, pay, or email an agents' dues
- On the faarmembers.com portal, a broker or office designated person can pay agent dues and as part of this process they can also send a message to selected agents and print renewal notices. Start by logging in at faarmembers.com/myaccount. If you have not updated your information or logged in recently, you might be prompted to review your information before proceeding to the “My Account” page.
- View the rest of the instructions here
Election Night 2021 contained many surprises for candidates and those watching the elections alike. Several seemingly “safe” Democratic Virginia Delegates were ousted by their newcomer Republican challengers. Those victories rode on the coattails of the statewide...
As the third quarter of 2021 came to a close, the regional real estate market saw a 13% increase in median price, 187 more home sales than the same time last year, and a 28% increase in active listings from a year ago. Get all the details along with great graphics for...
Drew FristoeEconomic Advisory Board and Strategic Planning Workgroup Dawn JosemansProperty Managers Council Judith LaxagueProfessional Development Committee Jenny LloydEconomic Advisory Board Evelyn MartinProperty Managers Council Stephanie MichaelProperty Managers...
FAAR members were definitely up for the challenge and then some!!! Thank you to everyone who participated and helped us not only reach our goal, but blow it out of the water!!! FAAR members collected a nearly unbelievable 31,032 boxes of cereal! Check out the...
Carrie Danko 0:00 Hello, I'm Carrie Danko, the 2021 FAAR President and I am here today to welcome and introduce Page Browning our new now not so new far CEO. So she's here with us today. And we're just going to take some time to kind of reflect on the last year of me...
The local real estate market continues to experience high transaction volume, inventory challenges, and rising prices, but those increases are moderating and significantly more inventory is available for buyers. As summer faded into early fall, inventory was up a...
Welcome to the FAAR louder podcast presented by the Fredericksburg Area Association of Realtors®. This episode is brought to you by Kensington bank guard National Land services. Kensington Vanguard is one of the largest independent full service title insurance...
Election Day is November 2, but no need to wait that long! You can get out and vote now to make it easy and make it count. Early voting started Friday, September 17 and will continue in-person through October 30, 2021 at 5:00pm. If you need to register to vote,...
2022 FAAR Board of Directors announced Election Results 2022 Leadership Electronic balloting began August 17, ended September 15 at noon Results were announced at a general membership meeting after the virtual education originally scheduled for the FAAR trade show. ...
MBH CEO, Fred Westerlund receives national recognition with the October Search’s 2021 Leadership Award
On Wednesday, September 1, Fred Westerlund, CEO, MBH Settlement Group, was awarded the October Research 2021 Leadership Award at the National Settlement Services Summit (NS3). Established in 2012, the October Research awards program honors men and women in the title,...
Toolkits to use and share
Being a New REALTOR®
Get on the road to success with tips, ideas, and helpful advice. Learn what other rookies have done to jump-start their careers, find first clients, overcome objections, and discover negotiation strategies.
Security Features on Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of marketing and communications. Get information on concerns with various popular social media sites as well as tips and suggestions to protect your privacy and identity.
Listing and Presenting
Prospective clients have to buy into the idea that you’re up to the challenge. Learn how to tailor your approach to the seller’s comfort zone, pinpoint the perfect price, and answer any objection.
Life as a rookie real estate professional is not easy, but REALTOR® Magazine is here to help.Get answers to common first-timer questions and review the checklists for your first year in real estate and beyond.
Prospecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence.
Personal marketing is the process of getting your name out there and convincing people to contact you when they need real estate services. Learn how to plan and execute your personal marketing strategy.
With all of the many options available to market a single property, it’s hard to know where to begin. Create a marketing plan and determine the best place and tone for your property advertising.
WorkSmart Sales Meeting Kits
Enhance your next sales meeting — and make sure your agents are up to snuff — with these 10-minute meeting kits.
The kit comes complete with a presentation (including a short video and Q&A), a broker’s guide, and a printable poster for your bulletin board or fridge.Check it out — you have to be logged in — and bookmark it today — and pump up your next meeting with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Useful links from National Association of Realtors® and Virginia Realtors®
- VAR Office Policy Manual template
- VAR Standard Clauses 2012
- Broker News From REALTOR Magazine
- VAR Legal Resources Center
- SLIDESHARE: especially designed for brokers, this tool gives you great ideas for sales meetings and more with timely topics in a concise Power Point format.
- Subscribe to NAR’s E-newsletter for Brokers
- Broker Involvement Program
- How to write a Business Plan
- YOU SAID WHAT? An Antitrust Compliance Brochure
- HUD Listing Broker Application FAQs
- Fair Housing Broker Guide
- Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
FAAR Classroom Room Rental
Hey Managing Brokers! Did you know you can use the FAAR classroom for FREE? Each office is entitled to use the classroom to hold their sales meetings up to 2 hours! This benefit can be used up to once per quarter, and it is for in-house meetings and training only. If you require longer rentals, or additional days, our classroom can be rented at low member rates!