Here are some tips on getting the most out of your membership!
Step 1: Get Started…
Start your FAAR membership off on the right foot. Here are a few important steps to take today to get the most out of your membership …
1. Update or Complete Your Online Profile.
Current contact information is crucial to maintain your member benefits without interruption. Once you’re logged in at faarmembers.com, click on the “my account” tab and find the blue box. Click on “update member profile” and complete all of the sections listed.
2. Explore Tools & Resources.
Visit our Member Benefits page for valuable information regarding educational offerings, the housing market, and techniques for building a successful career.
3. Mark Your Calendar.
Find an educational program that will help take your career to the next level.
- Complete Post-Licensing Education (PL) (for new licensees) OR complete Continuing Education (CE) (for licensees in 3rd year or later)
- Register for Bright MLS training
- Browse FAAR’s flyer page to access our complete line-up of classes
4. Bookmark Key Resources.
Find and save links to resources you’re likely to use repeatedly. We recommend:
5. Recommended Reading
- 184 Tasks an Agent Does
- Most Common Ethics Violations
- The Realtor Magazine Rookie Toolkit
Step 2: Get Connected…
Make the most of your FAAR membership by connecting with the people, programs, information, and resources that can help take your career to the next level…
Community – Connect to other members.
- Like us on social media. Stay current on industry news, special alerts, and upcoming education and events by joining us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, & Pinterest.
- Build your team of Affiliates. From mortgage lenders to landscapers to photographers, FAAR’s more than 100 real estate service professionals are ready to provide the solutions you need from contract to closing.
- Attend an event. Check our flyers page for fun-filled, engaging activities that offer a chance to meet colleagues, network, or just have some fun.
- Join the Young Professionals Network. Whether you’re young in age, young in the business, or young at heart, join this savvy group of professionals to share experiences, challenges, and valuable tips for real estate success.
Career Development – Connect to resources.
- Build Your Business. FAAR connects you to tools to help you grow an online presence, build an e-mail marketing system, design digital flyers, and more!
- Understand Your Market. Access the latest housing statistics for our local area.
- Gain Recognition. Discover how to win an award for your professionalism, performance, dedication, or community service.
Education & Training — Connect to knowledge.
- FAAR Academy. Gain the knowledge you need to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing real estate environment.
- Obtain New Credentials. Get the certifications and designations needed to stay on top of changing practices, laws, and regulations.
Step 3: Get Involved…
Whether you’re looking to gain leadership experience, build your resume, increase your exposure in the real estate community, or simply give back to the profession, FAAR offers a myriad of opportunities to get involved in a meaningful way.
▪ Join a Committee. Volunteer to serve on one of several FAAR committees. Meet new friends while assisting with specific opportunities on a project-to-project basis.
▪ Invest in Your Industry. Become an advocate for local legislation that improves the future of the real estate industry. Learn about RPAC and opportunities to financially support our legislative efforts.
▪ Become an Influencer. How has FAAR membership benefited you? Share your story with colleagues! Send us your testimonial.
▪ Support the Fredericksburg REALTORS® Foundation. The Foundation helps support local charitable organizations whose clients struggle to obtain affordable housing.
▪ Take the Lead. Announced annually in May, look for the application to apply to become a member of FAAR’s Board of Directors. Voting takes place in August and September.