Benefits of MembershipFAAR strives to provide its members with the resources to deliver professional and ethical service.
- FAAR Sports a New Logo – The new logo is a refresh to remind the members and the public that the Realtor® community is a modern, vibrant organization. The updated design is a recommitment to the members of exceptional service and to the community, it is a rededication to providing professional service and promoting the area’s quality of life.
- MRIS, a Bright MLS – FAAR is a stockholder member of Bright MLS which provides agents with member pricing.
- Leadership – FAAR is recognized as a progressive association with capable leaders focused on providing relevant services and benefits to the membership.
- Strategic Plan – The Board of Directors reviews the Plan quarterly to track the implementation of its objectives. A facilitated planning session occurs every three years. A new strategic plan was adopted in 2018.
- Professional Staff – The staff of eight carry out the policies set by the Board of Directors. They are knowledgeable in their respective fields and dedicated to delivering stellar service.
- Committees/Governance– The various groups of volunteers plan and execute an array of networking opportunities and ensure that the association operates according to NAR policies.
- Financial Stability – FAAR is financially solvent guided by sound policies and investment planning.
- Affiliate Marketing Program (AMP) – Affiliates are given the opportunity to network more closely with members by sponsoring association events and programs. Activities are often free to the members because of the sponsorships of the AMPs.
- RAMCO Membership Database System – The association migrated to a new membership database supported by the National Association of Realtors®. RAMCO was designed by Realtor® association executives to address the basic needs of Realtor® associations across the country. Data collection and data migration to other programs will be easier. Membership Services Director Lori Hillard- Wehr comments. “RAMCO is user friendly and designed to accommodate what we do on a daily basis.”
- FAAR Office Expansion – The Association expanded into space originally occupied by first floor tenant, C&F Mortgage Corp. About 1300 sq. ft. was remodeled to accommodate a new Board of Directors Room and waiting area, a small conference room and a video studio. Upstairs the classroom was expanded taking the old Board Room space. FAAR Academy Director Barbara Castillo explained that the expanded classroom will accommodate more students and provide more space to move about.
- Office Visits – The staff and leadership visit real estate offices to bring information about the association and to address your concerns.
- New Member Orientation – Orientation gives member the chance to learn about what services the Association provides and also tools to make your business successful.
- Continuing Education – Earn continuing or post license education credits or enhance your knowledge through a broad selection of classes taught by top-notch instructors.
- Designations – Obtain special designations to advance your education and your career through various designation courses throughout the year.
- Non-Credit Educational Events – FAAR offers many opportunities for education that are outside of license renewal. The 6-week Success Series provides new agents with hands-on tools and real life experiences to help establish their business. For veteran agents, FAAR offers many classes aimed at building your business to increase both productivity and profitability.
- Outreach Events – FAAR hosts a variety of outreach events in areas like North Stafford, Lake Anna, Caroline, and King George to bring both education and business building opportunities to all of our agents.
- Networking/Committee Involvement – FAAR committees help you develop leadership skills and make valuable contacts. Members can help shape the Association’s future.
- Awards and Recognition – Recognition is awarded for outstanding achievements in the profession at the annual FAAR Awards Gala and Installation Dinner.
- FAAR Expo – FAAR’s premier education and networking event held every September. Get access to multiple hours of CE credit and visit with 80+ vendors.
- Additional Events – Special events for members may include economic summits, transportation meetings, family fun days, bowling, and a variety of other events.
Products and Services
- Professional Discounts – With your membership, receive discounts for a variety of services and products through FAAR, Virginia Realtors® and NAR vendors.
- Realtor® Store and Member Lounge – The Realtor® Store offers popular business items from sign riders to St. Joseph statues. The Member Lounge shares space in the Store and is a welcoming corner for you to catch up on paper work or to grab a cup of coffee and listen to the news. The first floor conference room is available for client meetings. Check with the front desk for availability.
- Sentrilock Lockbox and Key Services – Purchase lockboxes and keys at the FAAR office.
- Quarterly Market Statistics Reports – FAAR produces a monthly housing market report using data from brightMLS. The report details local market trends and provides a valuable narrative about why those trends are happening. In addition, FAAR posts the most recent month’s housing statistics for each locality within the FAAR service territory on the Market Statistics page.
- Notary Service – FAAR staff member, Lori Hillard-Wehr, is a notary public. Call Lori at the office to schedule an appointment for free notary services.
- Code of Ethics – FAAR is devoted to increasing the level of professionalism of members and the public they serve. FAAR provides risk management courses, in-house arbitration and conducts ethics hearings.
- Mediation Services – FAAR works to resolve disputes between members.
- Ombudsman Program – Added to resolve issues before they become a complaint
- Legislative Advocacy – FAAR is your voice in local, state and national government real estate issues, offering members the opportunity for direct involvement.
- RPAC – RPAC supports candidates for public office who understand the real estate industry and will work to keep it strong. Relationships fostered through RPAC help REALTORS® cut through government red tape to ensure that our members can keep practicing the profession they love.
- House & Home Magazine – The Association is a contributor to the Free Lance Star’s Friday publication, the House & Home tabloid. Look for the FAAR logo that brands the content to the Association. Topics will vary from stats to housing study reports.
- FAAR Car – The white van, wrapped with the new FAAR logo is a traveling advertisement for area REALTORS®. It is also the service vehicle for FAAR Academy Road Shows, office visits and for transporting event materials to venues. The FAAR Car participates in area events such as the annual Fredericksburg Christmas Parade where members walk alongside the car displaying signs describing the many community activities of FAAR members.
- Website and Facebook Page – FAAR’s website and Facebook page is your online information resource available 24/7 for the latest news, information, events, MLS statistics, industry trends and feature articles.
- Email Updates and Newsletters – FAAR provides an email update each Friday and a pdf newsletter 3 times a year. These communications focus on association information, events, education and advocacy. Check your inbox to find out what’s going on with the Association and industry trends.
National Association of Realtors® Benefits
As a member of the world’s largest trade association, you have access to NAR’s Realtor® Benefits Program, the official member benefits resource for discounts and special offers on products and services just for Realtors®. Program Partners are industry leaders who understand the unique needs of real estate professionals and are committed to your success. Whether for your professional or personal needs, turn to the Realtor® Benefits Program before you shop. Program categories are: Personal Insurance, Electronics & Mobile Technology, Travel/Automotive, Banking Services & Credit Card, Risk Management, Marketing Resources, Office Supplies & Services, Technology Services, Transaction Management, and Educational Tools.
To find detailed information about all of the special offers and discounts available to members as part of the Realtor® membership program visit www.nar.realtor/realtor-benefits-program.