Resources for Brokers
- Active licensees in a brokerage should be a member of an Association the Broker belongs to
- If the licensee does not join an association, the Broker will be assessed a non-member salespersons fee.
- This is a bylaw of NAR
- Bylaw language can be found at https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/policies/limited-function-referral-office-lfro-policy
- “For a REALTOR® (principal) to be exempt from paying size formula dues based on referral licensees, the licenses must be held by an entity separate from the REALTOR®’s brokerage firm, and all referrals must be made to the REALTOR’s brokerage firm on a substantially exclusive basis. The same REALTOR® can be a principal in both firms. An “entity” is a separate, legally recognized business and includes all possible structures for a business permitted under state law.”
- If a licensee wishes to go on referral status they may, but the Broker must have a separate company for referrals.
- Agents must fill out and sign all pages and pertinent information. Brokers must sign page 4 in order for the application to be processed.
- Please use the application on the FAAR website as that is the most current application form https://www.faarmembers.com/how-to-join/
- If you are unsure of the amount of dues at the time of application, please call FAAR and we will share the latest cost.
- No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in. There is a 24-72 hour turnaround time for applications.
- A welcome email will be sent to the agent as soon as the application is processed. Please have agents read it in its entirety.
Terminations and Transfers
- When an agent is terminated from your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr with the specifics of the agents termination with the agent termination form found at https://www.faarmembers.com/forms/
- When an agent transfers into your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr of the agents transfer with the agent transfer form found at https://www.faarmembers.com/forms/ and $50 payment.
- If an agent is transferring from another association, they will need to fill out the application form, not the agent transfer form.
The REALTOR® Cereal Drive is back! 2017 was a phenomenal year for the annual REALTOR® cereal drive. Help us reach the 2018 goal of 18,500 boxes, all of which go to the local area food banks. Use the cereal drive as a way to reconnect with your sphere and look for...read more
Byron Smith, Sr., CCIM, Esq. visits Fredericksburg on October 5th to teach the Fundamentals of the HP10BII financial calculator and Secrets and Tactics of a Skilled Commercial Negotiator. Learn more about Byron in his bio below! Byron Smith,...read more
2019 Board of Directors Executive Committee— President Drew Fristoe, Coldwell Banker Elite, Massaponax President-Elect Arlene Mason, Coldwell Banker Elite, Fredericksburg Vice President ...read more
“The summer housing market finished strong with a healthy housing market for the Fredericksburg area,” stated FAAR Board of Director Pam Kuper. “Area median sales prices increased anywhere from 2% to 5% while days on market continued to decrease compared...read more
Safety Tips for Agents Agent Safety Always have potential clients meet you at your office or at FAAR. Explain to them that company policy is to get a copy of their driver’s license Note the make and license number of their car Introduce them to a co-worker...read more
The Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS® Member Spotlight feature allows members of the community to get to know each other before working with each other in a transaction. Each member answers a series of questions to reveal more about themselves...read more
Toolkits to use and share
Being a New REALTOR®Get on the road to success with tips, ideas, and helpful advice. Learn what other rookies have done to jump-start their careers, find first clients, overcome objections, and discover negotiation strategies.
Security Features on Social MediaSocial media has become an integral part of marketing and communications. Get information on concerns with various popular social media sites as well as tips and suggestions to protect your privacy and identity.
Listing and PresentingProspective clients have to buy into the idea that you’re up to the challenge. Learn how to tailor your approach to the seller’s comfort zone, pinpoint the perfect price, and answer any objection.
Rookie ChecklistLife as a rookie real estate professional is not easy, but REALTOR® Magazine is here to help.Get answers to common first-timer questions and review the checklists for your first year in real estate and beyond.
Prospecting MethodsProspecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence.
Personal MarketingPersonal marketing is the process of getting your name out there and convincing people to contact you when they need real estate services. Learn how to plan and execute your personal marketing strategy.
Property MarketingWith all of the many options available to market a single property, it’s hard to know where to begin. Create a marketing plan and determine the best place and tone for your property advertising.
WorkSmart Sales Meeting Kits
Enhance your next sales meeting — and make sure your agents are up to snuff — with these 10-minute meeting kits.
The kit comes complete with a presentation (including a short video and Q&A), a broker’s guide, and a printable poster for your bulletin board or fridge.Check it out — you have to be logged in — and bookmark it today — and pump up your next meeting with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Useful links from National Association of Realtors® and Virginia Realtors®
- VAR Office Policy Manual template
- VAR Standard Clauses 2012
- Broker News From REALTOR Magazine
- VAR Legal Resources Center
- SLIDESHARE: especially designed for brokers, this tool gives you great ideas for sales meetings and more with timely topics in a concise Power Point format.
- Subscribe to NAR’s E-newsletter for Brokers
- Broker Involvement Program
- How to write a Business Plan
- YOU SAID WHAT? An Antitrust Compliance Brochure
- HUD Listing Broker Application FAQs
- Fair Housing Broker Guide
- Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity