Resources for Brokers
- Active licensees in a brokerage should be a member of an Association the Broker belongs to
- If the licensee does not join an association, the Broker will be assessed a non-member salespersons fee.
- This is a bylaw of NAR
- Bylaw language can be found at https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/policies/limited-function-referral-office-lfro-policy
- “For a REALTOR® (principal) to be exempt from paying size formula dues based on referral licensees, the licenses must be held by an entity separate from the REALTOR®’s brokerage firm, and all referrals must be made to the REALTOR’s brokerage firm on a substantially exclusive basis. The same REALTOR® can be a principal in both firms. An “entity” is a separate, legally recognized business and includes all possible structures for a business permitted under state law.”
- If a licensee wishes to go on referral status they may, but the Broker must have a separate company for referrals.
- Agents must fill out and sign all pages and pertinent information. Brokers must sign page 4 in order for the application to be processed.
- Please use the application on the FAAR website as that is the most current application form https://www.faarmembers.com/how-to-join/
- If you are unsure of the amount of dues at the time of application, please call FAAR and we will share the latest cost.
- No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in. There is a 24-72 hour turnaround time for applications.
- A welcome email will be sent to the agent as soon as the application is processed. Please have agents read it in its entirety.
Terminations and Transfers
- When an agent is terminated from your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr with the specifics of the agents termination with the agent termination form found at https://www.faarmembers.com/forms/
- When an agent transfers into your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr of the agents transfer with the agent transfer form found at https://www.faarmembers.com/forms/ and $75 payment.
- If an agent is transferring from another association, they will need to fill out the application form, not the agent transfer form.
- REALTOR® members must hold a valid license with DPOR. Upon expiration, the FAAR office will notify a member via email within 5 business days of the expiration. On the 10th of the month, if DPOR does not indicate the license is renewed, the FAAR office will terminate all services- association, Sentrilock and Brightmls.
FAAR applauds the strong stance the National Association of Realtors® is taking on fighting discrimination and bias in the housing industry and echoes NAR President Vince Malta's recent comments on HUD's proposed changes that weaken the disparate impact rule. "NAR is...
Dues Announcement: 2021 Dues for REALTORS® will be open for payment August 1st. Pay by September 30th to avoid the $25 late fee. What if I miss the September 30th dues deadline? Submit your dues payment and late fee by December 31st to keep your membership...
It's clear that real estate has weathered the COVID-19 pandemic storm very well up to this point. Some Realtors® are having the best year of their career, but how long can the hot market last? Mortgage rates are expected to stay low and there is a glimmer of hope...
The Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS® Member Spotlight feature allows members of the community to get to know each other before working with each other in a transaction. Each member answers a series of questions to reveal more about themselves as people. ...
Review the Sample Ballot- 2020 Election Slate for the 2021 FAAR Board of Director announced At its July 21 meeting, the Board of Directors blessed the 2020 slate of candidates as recommended by the Nominating Committee chaired by Linda Fosdick, Dockside Realty. The...
Real estate market continues to power on despite ongoing pandemic The summer selling season is in full swing in the Fredericksburg area with June real estate statistics blowing 2019 out of the water. Total sold dollar volume increased by 42% fueled by a nearly 8%...
The Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS® (FAAR) recognized 2019 Award Winners who have set themselves apart in the industry through their commitment to professionalism, education, and customer service. Awards were handed out for Rookie Salesperson of...
*No kid Zoom-bombs on any of these videos, but it always feels like a distinct possibility, right!?FAAR hosted a series of recent virtual meetings, get caught up on all that you missed right here!Real Estate Roundtable: Spotlight on Stafford CountyIn this recording,...
We need your feedback! Share your thoughts! Every 3 years, FAAR undergoes Strategic Planning for the next 3 years with the help of member feedback. Your response is critical especially this year! PLUS! You could win $100! Complete the short survey by Friday,...
Toolkits to use and share
Being a New REALTOR®
Get on the road to success with tips, ideas, and helpful advice. Learn what other rookies have done to jump-start their careers, find first clients, overcome objections, and discover negotiation strategies.
Security Features on Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of marketing and communications. Get information on concerns with various popular social media sites as well as tips and suggestions to protect your privacy and identity.
Listing and Presenting
Prospective clients have to buy into the idea that you’re up to the challenge. Learn how to tailor your approach to the seller’s comfort zone, pinpoint the perfect price, and answer any objection.
Life as a rookie real estate professional is not easy, but REALTOR® Magazine is here to help.Get answers to common first-timer questions and review the checklists for your first year in real estate and beyond.
Prospecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence.
Personal marketing is the process of getting your name out there and convincing people to contact you when they need real estate services. Learn how to plan and execute your personal marketing strategy.
With all of the many options available to market a single property, it’s hard to know where to begin. Create a marketing plan and determine the best place and tone for your property advertising.
WorkSmart Sales Meeting Kits
Enhance your next sales meeting — and make sure your agents are up to snuff — with these 10-minute meeting kits.
The kit comes complete with a presentation (including a short video and Q&A), a broker’s guide, and a printable poster for your bulletin board or fridge.Check it out — you have to be logged in — and bookmark it today — and pump up your next meeting with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Useful links from National Association of Realtors® and Virginia Realtors®
- VAR Office Policy Manual template
- VAR Standard Clauses 2012
- Broker News From REALTOR Magazine
- VAR Legal Resources Center
- SLIDESHARE: especially designed for brokers, this tool gives you great ideas for sales meetings and more with timely topics in a concise Power Point format.
- Subscribe to NAR’s E-newsletter for Brokers
- Broker Involvement Program
- How to write a Business Plan
- YOU SAID WHAT? An Antitrust Compliance Brochure
- HUD Listing Broker Application FAQs
- Fair Housing Broker Guide
- Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
FAAR Classroom Room Rental
Hey Managing Brokers! Did you know you can use the FAAR classroom for FREE? Each office is entitled to use the classroom to hold their sales meetings up to 2 hours! This benefit can be used up to once per quarter, and it is for in-house meetings and training only. If you require longer rentals, or additional days, our classroom can be rented at low member rates!