Resources for Brokers
Do you have delayed licenses?
- Report new license applications that have reached 21 days without issuance from DPOR
- Fill out the form below to alert FAAR to the problem
- FAAR will refer information to the Virginia Realtors® for potential action directly with DPOR and for informational purposes
Form for brokers to report delayed licenses
- Active licensees in a brokerage should be a member of an Association the Broker belongs to
- If the licensee does not join an association, the Broker will be assessed a non-member salespersons fee.
- This is a bylaw of NAR
- Bylaw language can be found at https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/policies/limited-function-referral-office-lfro-policy
- “For a REALTOR® (principal) to be exempt from paying size formula dues based on referral licensees, the licenses must be held by an entity separate from the REALTOR®’s brokerage firm, and all referrals must be made to the REALTOR’s brokerage firm on a substantially exclusive basis. The same REALTOR® can be a principal in both firms. An “entity” is a separate, legally recognized business and includes all possible structures for a business permitted under state law.”
- If a licensee wishes to go on referral status they may, but the Broker must have a separate company for referrals.
- Agents must fill out and sign all pages and pertinent information. Brokers must sign page 4 in order for the application to be processed.
- Please use the application on the FAAR website as that is the most current application form www.faarmembers.com/how-to-join/
- If you are unsure of the amount of dues at the time of application, please call FAAR and we will share the latest cost.
- No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in. There is a 24-72 hour turnaround time for applications.
- A welcome email will be sent to the agent as soon as the application is processed. Please have agents read it in its entirety.
Terminations and Transfers
- When an agent is terminated from your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr with the specifics of the agents termination with the agent termination form found at www.faarmembers.com/forms
- When an agent transfers into your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr of the agents transfer with the agent transfer form found at www.faarmembers.com/forms and $75 payment.
- If an agent is transferring from another association, they will need to fill out the application form, not the agent transfer form.
- REALTOR® members must hold a valid license with DPOR. Upon expiration, the FAAR office will notify a member via email within 5 business days of the expiration. On the 10th of the month, if DPOR does not indicate the license is renewed, the FAAR office will terminate all services- association, Sentrilock and Brightmls.
How to print, pay, or email an agents' dues
- On the faarmembers.com portal, a broker or office designated person can pay agent dues and as part of this process they can also send a message to selected agents and print renewal notices. Start by logging in at faarmembers.com/myaccount. If you have not updated your information or logged in recently, you might be prompted to review your information before proceeding to the “My Account” page.
- View the rest of the instructions here
Louisa County has spent the last 18 months crafting short-term rental regulations. A working group recently reported a revised version of an ordinance to the Planning Commission. This draft is the least restrictive of all that's come out of these discussions. This...
Community Service Committee Volunteer Opportunity The Community Service Committee has scheduled a volunteer opportunity for 10 volunteers at the Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank for Saturday, October 7th from 8:45 AM to noon to pack food boxes for seniors. Signing up...
Here we go again...the National Flood Insurance Program is set to expire on September 30 and if allowed to lapse, that means no new or renewed policies. This has the potential to impact real estate transactions so here are some concrete actions you can take to head...
Wednesday's Virginia REALTORS® awards event in Richmond was a night to remember, filled with excitement and celebration. We are thrilled to announce and congratulate our very own Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS® (FAAR) members who received well-deserved...
The Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS® (FAAR) announces endorsements for local Board of Supervisors and City Council races on the ballot for the November 7th general election. The endorsed candidates represent areas throughout FAAR’s service territory...
2024 FAAR Board of Directors announced Election Results 2024 Leadership Electronic balloting began August 11 and ended September 13 at noon Results were announced at a general membership meeting at 3 PM at the FAAR Expo. Executive Committee PresidentRandy Walther...
The regional median home price was up again in August, with every locality seeing increases. The median sold price settled at $450,000 in August of 2023 compared to $427,000 in August of 2022, representing a nearly 6% year-over-year increase. Units sold were down...
Your copy of the August Newsletter, the FAARside is here! Crack open a copy for updates on local real estate and so much more! Inside you will find Message from the 2023 FAAR President, Carol Sondrini Message from the CEO, Page Browning 2024 Leadership candidate bios...
Flip through the directory to see all of FAAR's affiliate members organized A to Z by company and also by service in the annual directory. Not only will this guide you to some of the best companies in the local area, but the directory also contains committee contacts,...
The REALTOR® Cereal Drive is back!2022 was an amazing year for the annual REALTOR® cereal drive. Help us beat our 2022 numbers and reach the 2023 goal of 20,000 boxes, all of which go to local area food banks! Use the cereal drive as a way to reconnect with your...
Toolkits to use and share
Being a New REALTOR®
Get on the road to success with tips, ideas, and helpful advice. Learn what other rookies have done to jump-start their careers, find first clients, overcome objections, and discover negotiation strategies.
Security Features on Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of marketing and communications. Get information on concerns with various popular social media sites as well as tips and suggestions to protect your privacy and identity.
Listing and Presenting
Prospective clients have to buy into the idea that you’re up to the challenge. Learn how to tailor your approach to the seller’s comfort zone, pinpoint the perfect price, and answer any objection.
Life as a rookie real estate professional is not easy, but REALTOR® Magazine is here to help.Get answers to common first-timer questions and review the checklists for your first year in real estate and beyond.
Prospecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence.
Personal marketing is the process of getting your name out there and convincing people to contact you when they need real estate services. Learn how to plan and execute your personal marketing strategy.
With all of the many options available to market a single property, it’s hard to know where to begin. Create a marketing plan and determine the best place and tone for your property advertising.
WorkSmart Sales Meeting Kits
Enhance your next sales meeting — and make sure your agents are up to snuff — with these 10-minute meeting kits.
The kit comes complete with a presentation (including a short video and Q&A), a broker’s guide, and a printable poster for your bulletin board or fridge.Check it out — you have to be logged in — and bookmark it today — and pump up your next meeting with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Useful links from National Association of Realtors® and Virginia Realtors®
- VAR Office Policy Manual template
- VAR Standard Clauses 2012
- Broker News From REALTOR Magazine
- VAR Legal Resources Center
- SLIDESHARE: especially designed for brokers, this tool gives you great ideas for sales meetings and more with timely topics in a concise Power Point format.
- Subscribe to NAR’s E-newsletter for Brokers
- Broker Involvement Program
- How to write a Business Plan
- YOU SAID WHAT? An Antitrust Compliance Brochure
- HUD Listing Broker Application FAQs
- Fair Housing Broker Guide
- Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
FAAR Classroom Room Rental
Hey Managing Brokers! Did you know you can use the FAAR classroom for FREE? Each office is entitled to use the classroom to hold their sales meetings up to 2 hours! This benefit can be used up to once per quarter, and it is for in-house meetings and training only. If you require longer rentals, or additional days, our classroom can be rented at low member rates!
More information request for Brokers
What else would you like to see on this page of faarmembers.com?