Resources for Brokers
Do you have delayed licenses?
- Report new license applications that have reached 21 days without issuance from DPOR
- Fill out the form below to alert FAAR to the problem
- FAAR will refer information to the Virginia Realtors® for potential action directly with DPOR and for informational purposes
License HotlineForm for brokers to report delayed licenses
- Active licensees in a brokerage should be a member of an Association the Broker belongs to
- If the licensee does not join an association, the Broker will be assessed a non-member salespersons fee.
- This is a bylaw of NAR
- Bylaw language can be found at https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/policies/limited-function-referral-office-lfro-policy
- “For a REALTOR® (principal) to be exempt from paying size formula dues based on referral licensees, the licenses must be held by an entity separate from the REALTOR®’s brokerage firm, and all referrals must be made to the REALTOR’s brokerage firm on a substantially exclusive basis. The same REALTOR® can be a principal in both firms. An “entity” is a separate, legally recognized business and includes all possible structures for a business permitted under state law.”
- If a licensee wishes to go on referral status they may, but the Broker must have a separate company for referrals.
- Agents must fill out and sign all pages and pertinent information. Brokers must sign page 4 in order for the application to be processed.
- Please use the application on the FAAR website as that is the most current application form www.faarmembers.com/how-to-join/
- If you are unsure of the amount of dues at the time of application, please call FAAR and we will share the latest cost.
- No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in. There is a 24-72 hour turnaround time for applications.
- A welcome email will be sent to the agent as soon as the application is processed. Please have agents read it in its entirety.
Terminations and Transfers
- When an agent is terminated from your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr with the specifics of the agents termination with the agent termination form found at www.faarmembers.com/forms
- When an agent transfers into your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr of the agents transfer with the agent transfer form found at www.faarmembers.com/forms and $75 payment.
- If an agent is transferring from another association, they will need to fill out the application form, not the agent transfer form.
- REALTOR® members must hold a valid license with DPOR. Upon expiration, the FAAR office will notify a member via email within 5 business days of the expiration. On the 10th of the month, if DPOR does not indicate the license is renewed, the FAAR office will terminate all services- association, Sentrilock and Brightmls.
How to print, pay, or email an agents' dues
- On the faarmembers.com portal, a broker or office designated person can pay agent dues and as part of this process they can also send a message to selected agents and print renewal notices. Start by logging in at faarmembers.com/myaccount. If you have not updated your information or logged in recently, you might be prompted to review your information before proceeding to the “My Account” page.
- View the rest of the instructions here
Local Realtors® are feeling the change in the market, but prices do not show any signs of cooling as we head into the fall months. Prices remain high and continue to climb despite moderating sales volumes. Many Realtors® report significant price reductions from...
Every year REALTOR® and Affiliate members of the Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS® reach out to their spheres on behalf of the annual FAAR cereal drive. Not only does participation in the drive help our community by providing food for those in need, but...
Bright subscribers receive access to CoStar’s Homesnap Pro and Pro+ app services through an underlying contract between Homesnap and an entity called the Broker Public Portal (BPP). BPP was originally conceived to create a national consumer home search experience on...
Effective Tuesday, October 18, 2022, SentriLock is implementing an extra layer of security to the SentriKey® Real Estate website and mobile app. Users will be asked to establish security questions and verify their cell phone. Security questions will offer a secure...
The local real estate market continues its march toward moderation as demand continues to fall but prices are still climbing compared to last year. Total sold dollar volume was down more than 23% in September of 2022 going from more than $325.5 million last September...
Want to know your climate risk? A new tool can help you and your clients assess risk and better plan for the future. Climate Mapping for Resilience and Adaptation (CMRA) integrates information from across the federal government to help people consider their local...
2023 FAAR Board of Directors announced Election Results 2023 Leadership Electronic balloting began August 9, ended September 14 at noon Results were announced at a general membership meeting at 3 PM at the FAAR Expo. PresidentCarol Sondrini President-ElectRandy...
The local real estate continues to moderate from its meteoric rise over the last two years. While prices remain high and inventory remains below historical trends, the market continues to slow with double digit decreases in sold volume and units sold and double digit...
November 8th is Election Day! We are always voting in VA with odd year state elections and even year federal and various local elections. Voters throughout the Commonwealth will see seats for the U.S. House of Representatives and some localities like Bowling Green,...
Toolkits to use and share
Being a New REALTOR®
Get on the road to success with tips, ideas, and helpful advice. Learn what other rookies have done to jump-start their careers, find first clients, overcome objections, and discover negotiation strategies.
Security Features on Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of marketing and communications. Get information on concerns with various popular social media sites as well as tips and suggestions to protect your privacy and identity.
Listing and Presenting
Prospective clients have to buy into the idea that you’re up to the challenge. Learn how to tailor your approach to the seller’s comfort zone, pinpoint the perfect price, and answer any objection.
Life as a rookie real estate professional is not easy, but REALTOR® Magazine is here to help.Get answers to common first-timer questions and review the checklists for your first year in real estate and beyond.
Prospecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence.
Personal marketing is the process of getting your name out there and convincing people to contact you when they need real estate services. Learn how to plan and execute your personal marketing strategy.
With all of the many options available to market a single property, it’s hard to know where to begin. Create a marketing plan and determine the best place and tone for your property advertising.
WorkSmart Sales Meeting Kits
Enhance your next sales meeting — and make sure your agents are up to snuff — with these 10-minute meeting kits.
The kit comes complete with a presentation (including a short video and Q&A), a broker’s guide, and a printable poster for your bulletin board or fridge.Check it out — you have to be logged in — and bookmark it today — and pump up your next meeting with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Useful links from National Association of Realtors® and Virginia Realtors®
- VAR Office Policy Manual template
- VAR Standard Clauses 2012
- Broker News From REALTOR Magazine
- VAR Legal Resources Center
- SLIDESHARE: especially designed for brokers, this tool gives you great ideas for sales meetings and more with timely topics in a concise Power Point format.
- Subscribe to NAR’s E-newsletter for Brokers
- Broker Involvement Program
- How to write a Business Plan
- YOU SAID WHAT? An Antitrust Compliance Brochure
- HUD Listing Broker Application FAQs
- Fair Housing Broker Guide
- Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
FAAR Classroom Room Rental
Hey Managing Brokers! Did you know you can use the FAAR classroom for FREE? Each office is entitled to use the classroom to hold their sales meetings up to 2 hours! This benefit can be used up to once per quarter, and it is for in-house meetings and training only. If you require longer rentals, or additional days, our classroom can be rented at low member rates!