Resources for Brokers
- Active licensees in a brokerage should be a member of an Association the Broker belongs to
- If the licensee does not join an association, the Broker will be assessed a non-member salespersons fee.
- This is a bylaw of NAR
- Bylaw language can be found at https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/policies/limited-function-referral-office-lfro-policy
- “For a REALTOR® (principal) to be exempt from paying size formula dues based on referral licensees, the licenses must be held by an entity separate from the REALTOR®’s brokerage firm, and all referrals must be made to the REALTOR’s brokerage firm on a substantially exclusive basis. The same REALTOR® can be a principal in both firms. An “entity” is a separate, legally recognized business and includes all possible structures for a business permitted under state law.”
- If a licensee wishes to go on referral status they may, but the Broker must have a separate company for referrals.
- Agents must fill out and sign all pages and pertinent information. Brokers must sign page 4 in order for the application to be processed.
- Please use the application on the FAAR website as that is the most current application form https://www.faarmembers.com/how-to-join/
- If you are unsure of the amount of dues at the time of application, please call FAAR and we will share the latest cost.
- No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in. There is a 24-72 hour turnaround time for applications.
- A welcome email will be sent to the agent as soon as the application is processed. Please have agents read it in its entirety.
Terminations and Transfers
- When an agent is terminated from your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr with the specifics of the agents termination with the agent termination form found at https://www.faarmembers.com/forms/
- When an agent transfers into your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr of the agents transfer with the agent transfer form found at https://www.faarmembers.com/forms/ and $75 payment.
- If an agent is transferring from another association, they will need to fill out the application form, not the agent transfer form.
Welcome Orange County! FAAR has two great events planned to welcome new members into the FAAR family and say a warm hello to those longtime members. Join FAAR staff and Board of Directors members for an informal lunch, Orange County elected officials will...read more
The 2018 real estate market posted gains in total sold dollar volume and median price, but saw a slight reduction in units sold. The year closed out with a total sold dollar volume of $1.925 billion which represents a 3.7% increase over the year-end...read more
Virtual ClinicsBright is launching interactive Training Clinics on YouTube! Join Bright as they host these virtual “hands-on” clinics that will cover time-saving tips and tricks, answers to top support center questions, and a live Q&A from bright...read more
Help the Hope House by dropping off these items at FAAR through the month of FebruaryFind these 3 items for less at AldiPaper TowelsBleachTrash BagsFind these 2 items for less at Big LotsBed in a bag (twin/toddler)Bed Pillows Download and share...read more
Emeritus status recognizes REALTOR® and REALTOR®-Associate members with 40 years of continuous membership along with committee service participation. Emeritus members receive a certificate and pin to show their status, payment of National Association dues...read more
When entering a listing do the following: Under Documents — "Section 8 Approved" is a dropdown that the listing agent can select for rentals that have already been approved as Section 8 rentals.1. ALL agents who have listings that will accept housing...read more
FEMA surprised the housing industry by issuing guidance to its insurance agents stating that they cannot issue new policies or renew existing policies through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) due to the partial government shutdown. This will...read more
Changes to the U.S. Tax Code that potentially can save you thousands of dollars were enacted last year as part of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act. The changes include a new deduction available to you as an independent contractor or sole proprietor for reducing...read more
FAAR would like to thank Sonia Kuppert for her service as a committee chair, instructor, and long-time Affiliate Marketing Partner member during her tenure at STA Title & Escrow. The company received the FAAR Affiliate of the Year Award under Sonia's...read more
Icon Award Frances Brintley Retired Fredericksburg Realty Bev Mabbitt Retired Century 21 Redwood Betty Jasmund Retired Coldwell Banker Elite Priscilla Sheeley Retired Long & Foster, Inc. Dottie McGinnis Retired Long & Foster, Inc. Jo Knight Aquia...read more
Toolkits to use and share
Being a New REALTOR®
Get on the road to success with tips, ideas, and helpful advice. Learn what other rookies have done to jump-start their careers, find first clients, overcome objections, and discover negotiation strategies.
Security Features on Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of marketing and communications. Get information on concerns with various popular social media sites as well as tips and suggestions to protect your privacy and identity.
Listing and Presenting
Prospective clients have to buy into the idea that you’re up to the challenge. Learn how to tailor your approach to the seller’s comfort zone, pinpoint the perfect price, and answer any objection.
Life as a rookie real estate professional is not easy, but REALTOR® Magazine is here to help.Get answers to common first-timer questions and review the checklists for your first year in real estate and beyond.
Prospecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence.
Personal marketing is the process of getting your name out there and convincing people to contact you when they need real estate services. Learn how to plan and execute your personal marketing strategy.
With all of the many options available to market a single property, it’s hard to know where to begin. Create a marketing plan and determine the best place and tone for your property advertising.
WorkSmart Sales Meeting Kits
Enhance your next sales meeting — and make sure your agents are up to snuff — with these 10-minute meeting kits.
The kit comes complete with a presentation (including a short video and Q&A), a broker’s guide, and a printable poster for your bulletin board or fridge.Check it out — you have to be logged in — and bookmark it today — and pump up your next meeting with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Useful links from National Association of Realtors® and Virginia Realtors®
- VAR Office Policy Manual template
- VAR Standard Clauses 2012
- Broker News From REALTOR Magazine
- VAR Legal Resources Center
- SLIDESHARE: especially designed for brokers, this tool gives you great ideas for sales meetings and more with timely topics in a concise Power Point format.
- Subscribe to NAR’s E-newsletter for Brokers
- Broker Involvement Program
- How to write a Business Plan
- YOU SAID WHAT? An Antitrust Compliance Brochure
- HUD Listing Broker Application FAQs
- Fair Housing Broker Guide
- Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
FAAR Classroom Room Rental
Hey Managing Brokers! Did you know you can use the FAAR classroom for FREE? Each office is entitled to use the classroom to hold their sales meetings up to 2 hours! This benefit can be used up to once per quarter, and it is for in-house meetings and training only. If you require longer rentals, or additional days, our classroom can be rented at low member rates!