Resources for Brokers
- Active licensees in a brokerage should be a member of an Association the Broker belongs to
- If the licensee does not join an association, the Broker will be assessed a non-member salespersons fee.
- This is a bylaw of NAR
- Bylaw language can be found at https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/policies/limited-function-referral-office-lfro-policy
- “For a REALTOR® (principal) to be exempt from paying size formula dues based on referral licensees, the licenses must be held by an entity separate from the REALTOR®’s brokerage firm, and all referrals must be made to the REALTOR’s brokerage firm on a substantially exclusive basis. The same REALTOR® can be a principal in both firms. An “entity” is a separate, legally recognized business and includes all possible structures for a business permitted under state law.”
- If a licensee wishes to go on referral status they may, but the Broker must have a separate company for referrals.
- Agents must fill out and sign all pages and pertinent information. Brokers must sign page 4 in order for the application to be processed.
- Please use the application on the FAAR website as that is the most current application form https://faarmembers.wpengine.com/how-to-join/
- If you are unsure of the amount of dues at the time of application, please call FAAR and we will share the latest cost.
- No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in. There is a 24-72 hour turnaround time for applications.
- A welcome email will be sent to the agent as soon as the application is processed. Please have agents read it in its entirety.
Terminations and Transfers
- When an agent is terminated from your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr with the specifics of the agents termination with the agent termination form found at https://faarmembers.wpengine.com/forms/
- When an agent transfers into your office, please notify Lori Hillard Wehr of the agents transfer with the agent transfer form found at https://faarmembers.wpengine.com/forms/ and $75 payment.
- If an agent is transferring from another association, they will need to fill out the application form, not the agent transfer form.
- REALTOR® members must hold a valid license with DPOR. Upon expiration, the FAAR office will notify a member via email within 5 business days of the expiration. On the 10th of the month, if DPOR does not indicate the license is renewed, the FAAR office will terminate all services- association, Sentrilock and Brightmls.
How to print, pay, or email an agents' dues
- On the faarmembers.com portal, a broker or office designated person can pay agent dues and as part of this process they can also send a message to selected agents and print renewal notices. Start by logging in at faarmembers.com/myaccount. If you have not updated your information or logged in recently, you might be prompted to review your information before proceeding to the “My Account” page.
- View the rest of the instructions here
Local Credit Union hosts 4th Annual Shred Event DAHLGREN, VA (September 28, 2020) – Topside Federal Credit Union, the area’s largest locally-owned credit union, is committed to helping the community properly dispose of sensitive data. Topside FCU’s latest free Shred...
From Bright MLS Bright Subscribers! Join us, Friday, September 18, for a free Safety from the Start Webinar with REALTOR® and safety advocate Carl Carter, Jr. of the Beverly Carter Foundation. Carl will share his story and important tips on how to have tough...
The local real estate market shows no sign of cooling as summer draws to a close. Total sold dollar volume was up over 30% from last year, coming in at approximately $281.3 million this August compared to $215 million last August. The region’s median price increased...
Realtor.com® launched new flood risk data features available on most for-sale properties on the site. What are these features? At an individual property level, realtor.com® will offer insights into Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)-categorized flood zones and...
The Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS® Member Spotlight feature allows members of the community to get to know each other before working with each other in a transaction. Each member answers a series of questions to reveal more about themselves as people. ...
Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd, how are you going to cast your vote?? Get all the info on 2020 voting options! This year’s election is no doubt a big one and many people are concerned about how to cast their vote. Will you vote in-person at your polling place...
SentriConnect™ Allows Listing Agent, Listing Office, or One with Lockbox Owner Privileges to grant access to a lockbox that has been assigned to a property during a specific time frame. This can be used for providing non-SentriLock REALTOR users (i.e. REALTORS who...
Your copy of the FAAR Newsletter, the FAARside is here! Crack open a copy to learn about what's going on at the Association including a letter from the President, the candidate bios for 2021 Leadership, and more! This edition includes Sample Leadership Ballot Walk a...
Go coo-coo for cereal collection! 2019 was a FANTASTIC year for the annual REALTOR® cereal drive. Help us reach the 2020 goal of 18,000 boxes, all of which go to the local area food banks. Use the cereal drive as a touch point. The cereal drive is a fantastic way to...
What’s happening? The Stafford County Board of Supervisors is anticipated to consider downzoning properties in the A-1 zoning category. Under current regulations, landowners are permitted to subdivide their acreage into minimum lot sizes of 1 home per 3 acres. The...
Toolkits to use and share
Being a New REALTOR®
Get on the road to success with tips, ideas, and helpful advice. Learn what other rookies have done to jump-start their careers, find first clients, overcome objections, and discover negotiation strategies.
Security Features on Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of marketing and communications. Get information on concerns with various popular social media sites as well as tips and suggestions to protect your privacy and identity.
Listing and Presenting
Prospective clients have to buy into the idea that you’re up to the challenge. Learn how to tailor your approach to the seller’s comfort zone, pinpoint the perfect price, and answer any objection.
Life as a rookie real estate professional is not easy, but REALTOR® Magazine is here to help.Get answers to common first-timer questions and review the checklists for your first year in real estate and beyond.
Prospecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence.
Personal marketing is the process of getting your name out there and convincing people to contact you when they need real estate services. Learn how to plan and execute your personal marketing strategy.
With all of the many options available to market a single property, it’s hard to know where to begin. Create a marketing plan and determine the best place and tone for your property advertising.
WorkSmart Sales Meeting Kits
Enhance your next sales meeting — and make sure your agents are up to snuff — with these 10-minute meeting kits.
The kit comes complete with a presentation (including a short video and Q&A), a broker’s guide, and a printable poster for your bulletin board or fridge.Check it out — you have to be logged in — and bookmark it today — and pump up your next meeting with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Useful links from National Association of Realtors® and Virginia Realtors®
- VAR Office Policy Manual template
- VAR Standard Clauses 2012
- Broker News From REALTOR Magazine
- VAR Legal Resources Center
- SLIDESHARE: especially designed for brokers, this tool gives you great ideas for sales meetings and more with timely topics in a concise Power Point format.
- Subscribe to NAR’s E-newsletter for Brokers
- Broker Involvement Program
- How to write a Business Plan
- YOU SAID WHAT? An Antitrust Compliance Brochure
- HUD Listing Broker Application FAQs
- Fair Housing Broker Guide
- Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
FAAR Classroom Room Rental
Hey Managing Brokers! Did you know you can use the FAAR classroom for FREE? Each office is entitled to use the classroom to hold their sales meetings up to 2 hours! This benefit can be used up to once per quarter, and it is for in-house meetings and training only. If you require longer rentals, or additional days, our classroom can be rented at low member rates!