Join FAARJoin the association with more than 1,500 Realtors® and 130 affiliate members!
2018 FAAR Membership Fees
|2018 New Realtor® Application Fee||$275|
|2018 FAAR Dues||$315|
|National Association of Realtor® Dues||$155|
|2018 Virginia Association of Realtors® Dues||$220|
|Total New Realtor® 2018 Dues||$965|
|The application fee for agents transferring from
Prince William, Northern Virginia, Piedmont, or Richmond
|2018 Affiliate Application Fee||$275|
|2018 Affiliate Member Annual Dues||$215|
|2018 for each additional representative||$70|
Interested in Becoming an Affiliate Member?
Need to change an address? Transfer offices? Check out this list of frequently used forms to expedite the process. Right click on the form and select save as to download to your computer.
FAAR FAQs for Agents
How long does it take for an application or transfer from to be processed?
There is a 24 to 72 hour turnaround for processing applications and transfer forms. No Sentrilock or Bright MLS services can be rendered at the time the application is turned in.
I’m changing my company affiliation. Who do I notify?
Submit this form along with the required $50 processing fee to FAAR as soon as you move. Otherwise, you are made inactive at FAAR and NAR. Plus, your Sentrilock key will be inactive. There are several ways to ensure that FAAR receives your update information. You may bring your completed form along with payment to the FAAR office anytime Monday-Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm. You may mail the information along with payment to the FAAR office at 2050 Gordon W. Shelton Blvd, Fredericksburg, VA, 22401. You may also fax in the completed form and payment to 540-736-0301 or email it to Lydia McCaskill.
I’m changing my home address. Who do I notify?
How do I change my preferred e-mail address, home address, or phone number?
My name has changed. Who do I notify?
Please click here to complete our contact update form and fax it to FAAR at 540-736-0301.
How do I access “members-only” content on this Website?
Certain portions of our Website are available only to FAAR members. All members have been assigned a default username and password. Your username and password were assigned in your FAAR Welcome Letter. After logging in, you will be able to change your password. If you are unable to log on via this method, please contact Lori Hillard-Wehr or Lydia McCaskill, Member Services.
How do I place my real estate license on referral?
This is done through your broker. Please note that by placing your license on referral, you will cease to meet the membership criteria for our association and will thus lose your Realtor® membership (until such time as you should elect to reactivate your license).
How do I reactivate my license?
How do I cancel my FAAR membership?
If you wish to terminate your FAAR membership for any reason, please contact Lori Hillard-Wehr or Lydia McCaskill, Member Services. You will need to, notify your broker, fill out this form and return it to FAAR by fax at 540-736-0301. Please note that you will not be entitled to a full or partial refund (as was stipulated in the membership application and/or renewal statements you have completed). If you have a SentriCard, you will need to return that to the FAAR office.
I just bought lockboxes from another agent. How do I get them in my name?
You will need a bill of sale from the agent with the list of serial numbers they sold. Bring the bill of sale to FAAR to have the boxes transferred. There is a $5.00 per lockbox charge for the transfer.
Can I transfer lockboxes to another association?
No, lockboxes purchased through FAAR cannot be transferred into another association. Members are reminded that FAAR selected a lease agreement with Sentrilock, an option not available to the surrounding associations when they contracted for their Sentrilock service a number of years ago. Those associations purchased their system and therefore their boxes are owned outright. In the case of a lease agreement, boxes are considered owned at the end of the lease agreement. What this all means is that FAAR boxes, which are in a leased system, cannot be placed into an ownership system. FAAR agents who decide to leave FAAR and join an association with an ownership system will not be able to place those boxes in that ownership system. They will have to sell their FAAR boxes to FAAR agents as they exit the association and then purchase boxes in the association they are joining. However, a member of another association where the boxes are owned, may bring their boxes into the FAAR system as long as they are owned by the agent. Those boxes will show as purchased as opposed to leased in the FAAR system.
What is a NRDS number? How do I find mine?
Your NRDS number is a PIN code that is assigned by the first Realtor® Association that you join. Your NRDS number is used to identify you in all Realtor® association databases. If you are a new agent to FAAR, your NRDS number will be included in your Welcome to FAAR email. If you have been an agent, and are looking for your NRDS number, please contact Lori Hillard-Wehr or Lydia McCaskill, Member Services.
Becoming an Affiliate Member
Looking for a great way to get involved with FAAR? Become an affiliate member and start reaping the benefits today! Our Affiliate Membership entitles you to:
- Participate on FAAR Committees. From Education to Special Functions, you will have a lot of opportunities to get involved. See the FAAR Committees page for a description of all Committees.
- Access FAAR member rosters. By becoming an Affiliate, you will gain access to the password-protected areas of the FAAR website, including member rosters. Search for a member, find contact information, and more!
- Receive invitations to FAAR’s social events and educational seminars. Some social events include Casino Night, Golf Tournament, and Halloween Mixer. You can also take advantage of member pricing on FAAR’s education classes.
- Advertise in the FAARSide Newsletter. This publication is delivered to all FAAR members digitally three times a year. Choose between full-page, half-page, or quarter-page ads.
- Advertise in the FAAR Directory. The FAAR Directory is an annual publication that is delivered digitally to all members of the Association. Only affiliate members can advertise in this publication. FAAR affiliate members also receive a listing in this directory.
- Join our exclusive Affiliate Marketing Partners (AMP) program. Our AMPs are a special group of Affiliates who choose to sponsor FAAR’s social events, education classes, and more! AMPs receive increased marketing exposure to our REALTOR® members. AMPs are also exclusively listed on the Affiliate Marketing Partners Directory page.
If you have questions about becoming an Affiliate member or it’s benefits, call the FAAR headquarters at (540) 373-7711.
- For regards about Affiliate membership, speak with FAAR’s Membership Services Director Lori Hillard-Wehr.
- For details about publication services and dates, advertising and marketing opportunities, or becoming an Affiliate Marketing Partner, speak with FAAR’s Marketing Director, Julie Carriger.
- For more information about our Committees, ask to speak with a Committee Chair or FAAR’s CEO Pat Breme.
Begin the process today!
Get started on your Affiliate Membership application today.