Sentrilock agents from Prince William, Greater Piedmont, Blue Ridge, Northern Virginia and Dulles Associations will have full access to the Sentrilock boxes of FAAR members.
Sentriconnect for Granting Access
SentriConnect is a mobile application that provides users with a way to receive authorization to open SentriLock Bluetooth lockboxes using a “BluCode.” It is important to know that there is NO method to access non-Bluetooth lockboxes using the SentriConnect app. Firmware Version 50.44 is the minimum required version to use SentriConnect in conjunction with your lockbox. To begin using SentriConnect, users requesting access will need to register their account. The user can download SentriConnect through the App Store or Google Play. REALTOR® members granting access should be able to do so through the SentriSmart App. Read more
CBS – Call Before Showing – is an extra layer of security on the lockbox requiring an additional code before the key compartment will open. Affiliate SentriCards will be required to use a CBS Code on all lockboxes. An agent can find their CBS code on the website under their Default Lockbox Settings. Affiliates use CBS code and their pin # to access the lock box on the house. The Sentrilock system gives agents the responsibility to issue the CBS code.
Day Codes for out of the area agents
The Association consented to offering a Day Code option. FAAR agents will be able give a day code (60 minutes entry access per house) to out of the area agents. Sentrilock will provide training on the usage. The agents are responsible for giving out those codes. Day Codes are not to be given to FAAR members.
How to recycle lockboxes
1. Do not throw boxes into the trash.
2. Remove batteries.
3. Open the lockbox key compartment using your SentriKey Mobile App.
4. Remove the battery cover using a Philips Head screwdriver.
5. Remove the two CR123A batteries from the lockbox.
6. Deliver lockbox and batteries to a solid waste facility in your community.
- Rappahannock (Fredericksburg & Stafford Regional Landfill): 540-658-5279
- Caroline Solid Waste & Recycling: 804-633-4386
- King George Environmental Services: 540-775-3176
- Sealston Landfill
- Spotsylvania Solid Waste & Recycling Division: 540-507-7739
- Livingston Landfill
- Orange County Collection & Recycling Centers: 540-672-9315
7. Batteries can be disposed at
Batteries Plus, Home Depot, or Staples locations
Read about the SentriSmart App below!
Want to sell your lockbox? Here’s the fine print.
Avoid a lockbox headache by selling your lockbox to agents whose primary assocation is FAAR.
Members are reminded that FAAR selected a lease agreement with Sentrilock, an option not available to the surrounding associations when they contracted for their Sentrilock service a number of years ago. Those associations purchased their system and therefore their boxes are owned outright. In the case of a lease agreement, boxes are considered owned at the end of the lease agreement. What this all means is that FAAR boxes, which are in a leased system, cannot be placed into an ownership system. FAAR agents, who decide to leave FAAR and join an association with a ownership system, will not be able to place those boxes in that ownership system. They will have to sell their FAAR boxes to FAAR agents (primary association equals FAAR) as they exit the association and then purchase boxes in the association they are joining. However, a member of another association where the boxes are owned, may bring their boxes into the FAAR system as long as they are owned by the agent. Those boxes will show as purchased as opposed to leased, in the FAAR system.
Download the SentriKey “Sentrismart” Real Estate app
Perform key tasks quickly from your phone
With just a few clicks in the app, you can easily:
• Open the key compartment
• Remove the shackle
• Find, sort and review access reports
• Grant secure temporary access
• And much more!
Worried that you won’t have app/lockbox access if you’re outside of cell-service coverage?
We can help make sure you stay connected. Here’s how:
For Bluetooth® Boxes: A good practice is to update your SentriKey Real Estate Mobile App credentials each day. Whether you’re a listing agent, showing agent, or an affiliated user, before you leave home or the office, launch the SentriKey Real Estate app on your mobile device. By authenticating, your credentials are good for 24 hours. When interacting with the SentriLock REALTOR® Bluetooth® Lockbox, it requires only a Bluetooth® connection to open the key door, even if you’re out of cell-service coverage.
For Non-Bluetooth® Boxes: If you’re going to a showing in a remote area and that listing isn’t using a Bluetooth® lockbox, we have a solution for you, too. Success is achieved by using the My Schedule function in the SentriKey Real Estate app. This is done either by the listing agent creating the appointment directly in the SentriKey Real Estate system, or through leveraging our integrations with other third-party showing services. When the showing is scheduled, and the SentriKey Real Estate app detects low or no cellular coverage, you’ll be presented with a Mobile Access Code in the SentriKey Real Estate app. No card needed, no Bluetooth® needed!
You don’t need to use a SentriCard to open your SentriLock lockbox. Instead, always stay connected with the SentriKey Real Estate mobile app!
Product pricing/per unit plus sales tax
|Key Box Battery Replacement (set of 2)||$8.00|
(must use Sentrilock batteries or box warranty is voided)
The annual estimated cost to the agent:
2022 Yearly Service Fee: $229.05 (starting March 31, 2022)
2023 Yearly Service Fee: $230.82 (starting March 18, 2023)
Payment is made to Sentrilock directly via Visa, Master Card, AMX, Discover
How to Issue Call Before Showing (CBS) Codes
CBS – Call Before Showing – is an extra layer of security on the lockbox requiring an additional code before the key compartment will open. Affiliate SentriCards will be required to use a CBS Code on all lockboxes. An agent can find their CBS code on the website under their Default Lockbox Settings.
How to use a CBS Code
Using a SentriCard
- Insert SentriCard®: CARD + CODE
- Remove SentriCard® or press FUNC + 3 + ENT: Blinking CODE light.
- Input CBS Code + ENT: Key compartment will open
Using SentriSmart™ – Bluetooth Lockboxes
- Select Mobile Access in SentriSmart™.
- Press the ENT button on the lockbox keypad to ‘wake’ it up.
- Choose the lockbox serial number in the list.
- Input your PIN into SentriSmart™ and press OK.
- Input CBS code into SentriSmart™ and press Submit.
- The key compartment will open.
- Tap OK on the pop up screen to complete.
Using SentriSmart™ – Non-Bluetooth Lockboxes
- Select Mobile Access in SentriSmart™.
- Input the lockbox serial number in SentriSmart™ and press Open Key Compartment
- Input your PIN into SentriSmart™ and press Open.
- Input CBS code into SentriSmart™ and press Submit.
- You will be given a Mobile Access Code
- Follow the on-screen instructions to access key compartment
Sarah Petcher at NVAR shares on how agents are to issue CBS Codes.
Sentrilock FAQs and Tips and Tricks for Bluetooth Users
I get out to the property where there is no cellular or Wi-Fi and then I get a message when trying to open the lockbox that says that I must renew my credentials and it won’t allow me to open the lockbox.
What tab on SentriSmart should I be in to open another person’s lockbox?
My motor jammed when putting the lockbox shackle back on
Same goes for the key compartment when you open the key compartment the motor will turn and then the compartment opens. You will hear the motor turn again and when it stop, you can close the door. Trying to close it before the motor stops can jam the motor and potentially harm the lockbox
I am in lockbox tools and am having issues with not being able to open my shackle or lockbox with my phone when I go to lockbox tools these items are greyed out.
i. Apple iPhone IOS 7 or higher
ii. Android version 6 or higher
Do you have location services turned on for your phone?
Do you have Bluetooth Turned on for your phone?
Make sure that the blue light is flashing on the lockbox and wait for the Bluetooth to connect to your phone (some phones take longer than others to connect via Bluetooth because they share an antenna for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
I left the key compartment open and now it won’t stay closed
If you do leave the key compartment open and it won’t close, go through the steps to open the door again and let the motor cycle again. You will be able to close the door again.
I am removing a lockbox from one property and putting it on a new property, what should I do?
I heard there is an upgrade to the lockboxes, how do I update the firmware on my lockbox?
Here are the steps shown in the video:
– Open the SentriSmart App and navigate to the Lockbox tools
– Press ENT on your lockbox to connect via the Bluetooth connection
– Select the property/lockbox with the Bluetooth Connection
– Scroll down to Select Update Firmware, it will display the current version and available version.
– Select download, it will download the files directly to the lockbox using the Bluetooth connection.
– After it is finished your lockbox will display a series of colorful lights
– On your phone it will say your lockbox has the latest firmware click ok
I am still having issues what should I do?
Submit an Issue - Lockbox
Describe your lockbox related issue here. If you are having an issue that needs immediate help, call Sentrilock at 1-513-618-5800.