The Young Professionals Network is here to help
YPN is here to help you thrive in your real estate career by giving you the tools and encouragement to become involved in four core areas:
Attend REALTOR® conferences and pursue leadership roles with your local, state, and national associations.
Real estate industry
Take an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues; be informed about the latest industry news and trends.
Network and learn from others by attending events, participating in online communication, and seeking out mentoring opportunities.
Become an exceptional member of your community by demonstrating a high level of REALTOR® professionalism and volunteering for causes you feel passionate about.
Are you ready to join the Young Professionals Network?
YPN FAAR Fellowship Program for REALTORS®
In an effort to open doors for future FAAR leaders and cultivate consistent agent investment in the Association, the YPN FAAR Fellowship Program (FFP) was created. Funds are provided to help defray the cost of attending state and national meetings (registration, hotel, meals, etc.) and educational classes and courses for a REALTOR® member. Eligibility to apply to the annual program assumes some current involvement in FAAR. Additionally, there are 4 requirements for application.
The YPN FFP is similar to the FAAR Professional Honor Role but it is targeted to newer agents.
- You haven’t attended a state REALTOR conference in the past 2 years
- Committee membership/consistent attendance in at least one FAAR Committee (cannot miss more than 3 meetings in a year)
- Minimum “Fair Share” RPAC donation/active supporter – $30
- FAAR event attendance, at least 3 events in the past year
Once all requirements are met, the member is then eligible to apply to the YPN FAAR Fellowship Program which includes completing an application, and providing references, at least one must be from the broker, managing broker or mentor. The Nominating Committee reviews the applications and makes the selections.
YPN raises the funds ($250) for at least one recipient per year and FAAR matches the amount ($250).
Applicant(s) are selected based on the funds available. Funds are not given in advance of an event but rather are reimbursed with proof of attendance and expenditure. Funds do not roll over into the following year. Funds may cover registration, hotel accommodations, meals, mileage, hotel stay, cab and tips. However, if actual expenses are less than $500, the attendee will only be reimbursed for the actual expenses. Maximum amount granted per member- $500
Application/Receipt of Funds
Deadline for application is December 31 for expenditures to be made during the following calendar year.
Requests for reimbursement must be requested in the calendar year in which the grant was given.
- Acknowledged as a YPN FAAR Fellow
- Upon selection, recognized at the spring awards event and the December installation of leadership
- Upon selection, mentions in social media
- Listed on the YPN FAAR Fellowship recipients’ plaques in the FAAR office.
- Listed as a Fellow at the website, faarmembers.com
- Cultivate new leaders
- Support and nurture newer agents
- Create FAAR fans that understand and communicate the value of a FAAR membership
- Communicate the resources afforded by FAAR, Virginia REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS® to its members.
- Provide FAAR leadership opportunities; increase business knowledge, and stimulate professionalism.
2022 FAAR Board of Directors announced Election Results 2022 Leadership Electronic balloting began August 17, ended September 15 at noon Results were announced at a general membership meeting after the virtual education originally scheduled for the FAAR trade show. President Deb Ellis, Coldwell Banker Elite President-Elect Carol Sondrini, Coldwell Banker...
Follow YPN on Facebook!